086.5: Merilee Karr – Under The Doormat – Bringing Community to The Short Term Letting Industry
Merilee is the founder of Under the Doormat, a London based, short term home accommodation company rooted in the sharing economy. With a sharp focus on customer service for both owners and guests, they are different to the norm and offer the quality of a hotel in the comfort of a home
Merilee Karr – STAA Chair and CEO Under the Doormat
- Merilee tells us a little about her background, how she got into the Holiday Let industry, where she is based, and how she loves to travel a lot herself.
- Listen as Merilee reveals how Under the doormat came about and what inspired her to start the company. Also, how long has it been running for.
- We discuss how Under the Doormat works from a guest perspective and how it’s different booking with Under the Doormat to using one of the ‘ordinary’ booking sites
- Merilee tell’s us how Under the Doormat works from the owners perspective – benefits, ease of use, cost, and whether or not it was easy to set up. We’ll also talk about the Benefits of working with Under the Doormat instead of the usual booking sites here
- We chat about what it is Merilee focuses on in the business, and just where she thinks the Holiday let industry is heading.
- Merilee is very passionate about short term lettings and is involved in advocacy for the Industry and with some exciting things coming up to.
- She enlightens us on the Short Term Accommodation Association, how it came about and its objectives.
- STAA are working on bringing the Industry together, and one way is a big event and that’s happening in March 2019 in ExCel London – The Short Stay Show. Merilee explains how you can get involved and what you can expect from the event. She also tells us how we can get tickets and whether we can provide sponsors.
Short Term Accommodation Association
- Based on Merilees extensive travel background and her experience setting up and running Under the Doormat, Merilee shares her guiding philosophy/principal to help Holiday Home Owners today.
- We talk about the right advice to give to an owner of a holiday let/ Vacation Rental in today’s market, based on what they can do/have/be.
The Short Stay Show
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to the HLS podcast to keep up with the latest Holiday Letting Advice? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode and I’m adding a few bonus episodes in the next few weeks and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Whilst you’re there, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other Holiday Home Owners find my podcast. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite episode of the podcast is. Thank you!
Join The HLS Learning Hub
Join our membership site today where you have access to all our Free Resources for Holiday Home Owner!