Jessica Gillingham joins me from Abode PR – Jessica is the founder and director of Abode PR. She started her marketing and PR career working in the travel industry for a Canada specialist tour operator over 20 years ago and now specialises in public relations and content marketing for the short-term rental industry
getting started with your own pr for your short term rental
jessica gillingham – abode pr
How can PR fit into our marketing strategy when it comes to Short Term Rentals, is it do-able as a small individual owner?
What exactly is PR and how can I get started?
We dive into these questions and more, Jessica covers how to get started on your own, step by step.
short stay virtual summit 2021 – planning is underway !! 🙂
I need your help – I want to make this event the absolute best it can be for 2021 and I would love your input! I have created a series of polls and i’ll be chatting with you inside the group on live vids to talk through what you want to see – so come over and tell me what you want to see 🙂
The importance of taking control of your own marketing in the post lockdown world and that owners need to do more than just list on the OTA’s has become extremely obvious in these times.
back to the episode
We also chat about:
- Jessica began in the Short Stay Industry 20 years ago in Canada and shares her start up story here
- Let’s dive into what PR is – what it stands for and what it really mean for Short Term Rental providers
- Practically, we discuss how PR can work for a Short Stay Accommodation provider and if we can really make a difference to our exposure using PR outside of the listing sites/OTA’s
- Jessica walks us through getting started with PR as a short term rental host, on a low budget, with little or no experience
- Jessica tells us about her role on the board for Visit Bath, and how marketing the area and working with their local Destination Marketing Organisation can help individual owners increase visibility
GET IN TOUCH WITH jessica gillingham at abode pr – Abode PR is a modern PR and content marketing agency specialising in working with clients in the international short-term rental space.
Connect with Jessica on LinkedIn here
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to the HLS podcast to keep up with the latest Holiday Letting Advice? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode and I’m adding a few bonus episodes in the next few weeks and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Whilst you’re there, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other Holiday Home Owners find my podcast. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite episode of the podcast is. Thank you!
join the short stay school free members area:
Join the Short Stay School Free Members area today where you can access a series of awesome, actionable downloads to use or tweak for your individual needs