How Working Together Can Help Holiday Let | Vacation Rental Owners
Rod Fitts is the President of AVROA, The Association of Vacation Rental Operators and Affiliates, which exists to form an allegiance within our Industry. Their mission statement says it all: To be the place where owners, managers and companies affiliated with VR industry can connect and take advantage of the benefits that naturally occur when people and organizations work together.
In this episode I talk to Rod Fitts of AVROA and we look at the power of working together as Holiday Let | Vacation Rental Owners, to create a super group of owners who can work together as one and influence the future of our Industry.
- Rod told us a little about him and his background and how he started out in this Industry, as well as where he’s based.
- Rod talks about how he got into the Vacation Rental Industry
- Rod tells us how AVROA come about, when did it started
- We chat about the benefits of becoming a member as an owner and as a Manager
- Rod talks to us about the AVROA code of ethics and how owners can display the AVROA logo on their websites and listings to show membership and acceptance of the code of ethics
- We look at guests benefits
- Rod talks about how many owners they have on board now and their goals for membership
- AVROA offer training too – we look at who this is for and what type of learning we can expect
- Rod tells us about the sponsorship opportunities they offer
- Rod talks about his guiding principal for holiday home owners in today’s market
- He talks about where do you think the future of the Holiday let | Vacation rental industry is headed
- Rod shares his advise for someone new to the Industry to get started with marketing their property