We as Holiday Let | Vacation Rental Owners are always looking for ways to Increase Bookings and there’s a huge focus on advertising vacation rentals online. As there should be – the internet is huge and the reach is vast and you can pinpoint your audience with the extremely accurate data available at the touch of a button.
I always feel we should be building as many different ways of creating awareness of our Holiday Let | Vacation Rentals as possible and we shouldn’t overlook the fact that there are real people close by who would love to connect with you as a small business owner and by building relationships one on one it’s possible to build an entirely new way of bringing in visitors to your holiday home. I say ‘new’ way, but really it’s heading back to the old way – and back to how businesses used to be built, by forming strong, mutually beneficial relationships with other like minded people! Or at least that’s the basis of it, with a smattering of up to date technology to help things along!!
In today’s episode I talk about reaching out to local businesses and creating a network of like minded individuals and some ideas of how to go about it!
We talk about:
- Your recommendations to guests
- The local Tourist office
- Twitter – join a local online networking tweet meet. If you’re not on twitter yet I suggest you get involved – it’s a great and easy way to make relationships with local businesses. Don’t know how? Head to our Online Courses and join the HLS Learning Hub and take our free course Social Media 101 for Holiday Let Owners, a complete step by step video course that teaches you how to get set up and use social media for your Holiday Let Marketing
- Local or village radio station
- Face to face Networking events – I mention Toastmasters which is an international organisation where you join your lcoal club and learn how to get over your fear of public speaking, as part of that process you learn communication skills and leadership – plus have lots of fun. The club I am involved with in Malvern Speakers – this year I’m President and loving every minute. You can read more about Toastmasters here.
- Local groups that support the area – I talk about our supporters Worcestershire Ambassadors which I’m now a part of – a group of like minded individuals who work with the benefit of the county and residents at the heart of it’s actions.
- Reach out to big companies locally who may want to accommodate staff on a regular basis from other areas of the country or world
If you’ve found another way of building relationships that I haven’t mentioned here, please leave me a comment below I’d love to hear all about it!Edit