Graham Donoghue is CEO at Sykes Holiday Cottages, the leading and fastest-growing independent holiday cottage provider, offering over 17,000 holiday homes across the UK, Ireland and New Zealand.
We are the fastest growing independent holiday cottage provider.GRAHAM DONOHUE – SYKES CEO
Sykes was born in the Yorkshire Dales, where Clive Sykes’ mother ran a small lettings agency for her own holiday cottages and those of friends. Clive realised that there was a demand for a top-quality service to holidaymakers and holiday home owners, so this dedicated ‘mother and son’ team decided to create Sykes Holiday Cottages.
From humble beginnings at Clive’s Yorkshire kitchen table to now one of the fastest moving companies in the industry.SYKES HOLIDAY COTTAGES
Graham joined me on the podcast to tell us what an experience of advertising your holiday home with Sykes Holiday Cottages entails – he shares the huge growth that Sykes has seen over the past 3 years and an insight into the future plans of this fast moving company.@sykescottages Taking the guesswork out of managing your holiday cottage – Hear the full episode www.hlspod.com/sykes #holidaylet #shortstay @shortstayshow #BookDirect #BookDirectHour Click To Tweet
- Graham shares who Sykes are, what they are all about and how the company came into existence
- We look at how Sykes works for a UK Based Holiday Property Owner – the level of service owners can select when they hand their marketing over to Sykes – we go through – Full management, marketing only, exclusivity and if owners are able to market their own week
- Graham explains how pricing works for an owner?
- We look at what ongoing support owners can expect in terms of how they can best ensure their property stands out, that they’re offering the best service possible to guests and are getting great feedback from past guests?
- Graham addresses if owners expect an increase in bookings with Sykes as their partner
Using Big Data to Optimize Exposure
Graham takes us on a deep dive of how Sykes use multiple key pieces of Big Data to constantly optimise the way holiday cottages are found, searched, filtered and shared.
They know what guests are searching for in terms of amenities and experience and offer advice to owners on how to create the best guest experience possible to meet the demands of potential guests.
Sykes have a team on the end of the phone to assist guests at any time during their stay.Is your #Holidaylet getting the most marketing exposure possible? @sykescottages CEO Graham Donoghue joins me on the #podcast to talk getting the most out of your #investmentproperty #sykes #holidaycottage #shortstay #travel… Click To Tweet
- Sykes recently exhibited at the Short Stay Show at London Excel – How important is this event to the development of the Short Stay Community and Industry?
- Sykes are a key partner of the 2020 Short Stay Show at London ExCel on the 12th March, what exciting things can visitors look forward to from you at the show?
- Graham shares, based on his experience what we as holiday home owners can do to ensure we are ahead of the curve and truly stand out
- Do you have a guiding philosophy/principal that you’d like to share with us?
- Where do you see the future of the holiday let industry headed?
You recently exhibited at the Short Stay Show at London Excel – How important is this event to the development of the Short Stay Community and Industry?GRAHAM SHARES HIS VIEWS ON THE SHORT STAY SHOW
Get In Touch with the Team at Sykes Cottages
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to the HLS podcast to keep up with the latest Holiday Letting Advice? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode and I’m adding a few bonus episodes in the next few weeks and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Whilst you’re there, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other Holiday Home Owners find my podcast. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite episode of the podcast is. Thank you!