Karen Mullins joins me from HomeAway, where she is Regional Managing Director for the UK and Ireland. HomeAway is a holiday rental marketplace offering more than 2,000,000 holiday rentals globally and was one of the very first listing sites to the Short Stay Industry
We are introducing new features that make it even easier for families to book their ideal stay in your propertyKaren Mullins, Homeaway
Homeaway have been a well known brand in the Short Stay Industry for many years – and they’re constantly evolving with the times to ensure they remain that way moving forwards
@homeaway our platform is constantly evolving to attract & improve the guests booking experience – Hear the full episode with Karen Mullins Regional Managing Director for the UK www.hlspodcast.com/homeaway #holidaylet #shortstay… Click To Tweet
We’re all about families, families, families so we will continue to make it easier for them to use our platformKAREN MULLINS
We are making it easier for families to book on our platform and helping holiday home owners better serve families who come to stay
We’ve created a new tool to make planning a stay easier for guests – The Tripboard allows several people from various locations to see the favorite properties from all the people who they need to be part of the booking processKaren Mullins – Homeaway
QUICK FIRE Q’S:
WE KICK OFF WITH SOME FUN QUICK FIRE Q’S TO GET TO KNOW A BIT MORE ABOUT karen mullins
- Tell us a little about you and your background and how you started out in this Industry ?
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- Dream destination?
- Best Short Stay Property you’ve ever stayed in and why ?
- Favourite business book?
karen mullins shares the homeaway lowdown
HOW WE AS SHORT STAY PROVIDERS CAN GET THE BEST OUT OF THE PLATFORM FOR OUR BUSINESSES
- We talk about Homeaway from a Short Stay perspective and learn who Homeaway serves primarily, and what type of property is ideally suited to the platform
- Karen shares the key benefits for Short Stay Professionals and Hosts from joining Homeaway and what they can expect from partnering with Homeaway
- Homeaway is part of the Expedia group – we look at what other brands that listeners might know that are under the Homeaway umbrella
- There are more changes afoot for Homeaway – we look at what can we expect as Short Stay Professionals and Hosts moving forwards
- Karen outlines the potential costs involved to advertise with the Group
- Karen shares why holiday makers would choose Homeaway over another platform
- We cover how owners can learn more about getting started advertising with your Group – see the links below to their website and social media
homeaway & the short stay show
Karen talks about The Short Stay Show & the importance of this event to the Industry as a whole
- Homeaway are a key partner of the 2020 Short Stay Show at London ExCel on the 12th March, we talk about what we can look forward to as visitors to the Homeaway stand at the show
- We draw on Karen’s own experience and ask what she feels we as holiday home owners do to ensure we are ahead of the curve and truly stand out
- Karen shares her guiding philosophy/principal
- We talk about Karen’s unique take on where she sees the future of the holiday let industry headed
You’re going to be attending The Short Stay Show at London Excel – What can we expect from your team on the day?Karen shares what we can expect from their team at The Short Stay Show
You recently attended the Short Stay Show at London Excel – How important is this event to the development of the Short Stay Community and Industry?KAREN MULLINS SHARES HER EXPERIENCE WITH THE SHORT STAY SHOW SO FAR
Get In Touch with THE TEAM AT HOMEAWAY
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to the HLS podcast to keep up with the latest Holiday Letting Advice? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode and I’m adding a few bonus episodes in the next few weeks and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Whilst you’re there, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other Holiday Home Owners find my podcast. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite episode of the podcast is. Thank you!