Mark Simpson joins me from Boostly, the marketing agency for The Hospitality Industry, where he is founder – with 20 years in the Hospitality Industry and a mind for marketing and online tech, Mark has built up a wealth of knowledge on how to get your Short Stay to stand out from the crowd and take control of your own marketing as an accommodation provider
You’ve got to do your own marketing, relying solely on the OTA’s is not an optionMARK SIMPSON – BOOSTLY
Boostly helps short stay providers learn how to do their own marketing and bring in more Direct Bookings
@BoostlyUK help short stay providers get more Heads on beds – Learn how on the full episode www.hlspodcast.com/marksimpson #holidaylet #shortstay @shortstayshow #BookDirect #BookDirectHour #marketing #business #travel Click To Tweet
The Hospitality Community was created from a need to have a place for owners to go and has grown from thereMARK SIMPSON
You can get going with your own marketing in as little as 15 minutes a monthMARK SIMPSON – BOOSTLY
how did boostly come into existence?
- Marks background is in Hospitality and he shares his journey within the industry and his experience beforehand that really fits perfectly with the role he has carved out for himself as a marketer within Boostly
- Mark shares his passion for supporting the Industry as a whole and the individual owners within his Hospitality Community
QUICK FIRE Q’S:
WE KICK OFF WITH SOME FUN QUICK FIRE Q’S TO GET TO KNOW A BIT MORE ABOUT mark simpson
- Tell us a little about you and your background and how you started out in this Industry ?
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- Dream destination?
- Best Short Stay Property you’ve ever stayed in and why ?
- Favourite business book?
One of my absolute favourite books and one I would recommend to all Short Stay Providers is Talk Triggers by Jay BaerMark Simpson on his favourite business book
proactive, not reactive
- Learn about the the importance of adding your own marketing, outside of the listing sites, for short stay providers – why do owners need to do more than just list on the OTA’s?
- How can individual Short Stay providers, with little or no previous marketing experience, get started with their own marketing ?
- Where should a Short Stay Provider, with a small marketing budget, focus their efforts in marketing their accommodation?
- Which is the best social media platform for owners to concentrate on moving forwards into 2020 and beyond?
- What is the most important key to marketing well and achieving consistent direct bookings? eg Massive budget, focussed effort in one place, website, google ads, consistency – in your experience?
- Whilst talking about direct bookings – tell us about the bookdirect map.
- Do you have a guiding philosophy/principal that you’d like to share with us?
- Where do you see the future of the short stay industry headed?
- Mark will be speaking at the Short Stay Show in London 2020 – what can we expect from you there?
You recently presented at The Short Stay Summit in Barcelona – How important is this event to the development of the Short Stay Community and Industry?MARK SIMPSON – BOOSTLY
Get In Touch with mark at boostly
book direct map
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to the HLS podcast to keep up with the latest Holiday Letting Advice? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode and I’m adding a few bonus episodes in the next few weeks and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Whilst you’re there, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other Holiday Home Owners find my podcast. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite episode of the podcast is. Thank you!